When does the season run?
- Our Track & Field Home meets are at Webb Oval Glenunga from October to March each year.
- Cross Country runs between May & July each year and is held at different centres around the Adelaide metro area - all dates and details are available on the following South Australian Little Athletics Weblink -
What age does my child have to be to join Eastern Districts Little Athletics?
What are the times for the Tiny Tots on a Sunday morning?
What are the different season dates?
- The Track & Field part of the season runs from October to March each year
- The Cross Country part of the season runs from May to July.
- All members registered from the start of the season are eligible to compete in both the Track & Field and Cross Country
- Each year registrations for the new season opens in September.
- Our Full EDLA Calendar can be seen here
2017/2018 Registration Fees
|Family (3 or more children)
Please Note: Fees are non-refundable.
Are sports vouchers accepted at Eastern Districts?
- Yes, we are happy to accept sports vouchers and they are redeemed at the checkout when registering your children.
What do I do if I am having trouble registering or am not sure on what I need to do?
- Please contact Little Athletics SA on 8352 8133
Can I do a Come & Try Session with my children before we join for the Track & Field part of the season?
- Yes, from October - March at our Sunday Meets - to register for a Come & Try visit, please.
- All athletes need to pre-register online & please bring your printout with you when attending our meet on a Sunday after Sunday the 1st of October.
- All Come & Try visitors MUST be pre-registered and pay the $10.00 fee before attending.
How much does it cost to do a Come & Try Visit?
When can I do a Come & Try Session?
- All Come & Try Sessions are on at any Sunday Meet, from the 1st of October 2017 (between 8.30am - 11am approx) until 1st March 2018
What level of ability should my child have?
- Children of all abilities can register at Eastern Districts, our emphasis is on Personal Bests (achieving a time, height, or distance better than you did last time). We have a number of qualified coaches on hand that will assist your children with doing this and recognise that children come in many different levels of ability and cater for this.
- We cater for all those who want to give athletics a go, Including Para-Athletes and Special Olympic Athletes. We can assist in beginning and progressing your journey in Para-athletics or Special Olympics and can provide guidance in classification
As a parent what am I expected to do?
- Please see the Parental Involvement tab on our website
Are coaching sessions compulsory?
- No training is not compulsory however it is a great way to improve skills and to learn more about each of the events. NOTE - all athletes in the U6 - U12 age groups must be accompanied by a parent or a supervising adult.
How much does coaching cost?
- All Tuesday & Thursday Coaching fees are included in the athletes’ registration fees.
How much does the uniform cost to buy?
Bike shorts (boys & girls) $28
Running shorts $28
Long sleeve thin hoodie $20 (limited sizes)
Long sleeve thick hoodie $55 (limited sizes)
What needs to be on the uniform for our home meets & SALAA events?
- Your registration number is attached in the middle of the front of your top, your age group label on the left breast and the new Jetstar/Little Athletics logo on the right breast (they must go over the top of the EDLA logo if you top has one). Please also remove the IGA badge from the right sleeve (if you have one from a previous season).